The first time I heard this quote, my girls were very young. My mom printed it out and framed it for me. It’s been on my desk ever since. It reminds me to take notice of the joys in life, both big and small. To embrace them.
My nephew and his wife had their third baby last week. I visited them in the hospital with my husband and our 21-year-old daughter, Talee. My great niece was two-days-old. She’s healthy, beautiful, perfect. Her cry is sweet. Her tiny hands and feet are precious.Her whole life is ahead of her, waiting for her to discover it.
When I held her, it reminded me of holding my two lovely babies. My husband held her, and I had flashbacks of him with our newborns. Talee held her, and I could easily see her becoming a mom.
Moments that take my breath away. Pure happiness.
Last week, Lulu of The Real Adventures of Becoming Me, nominated me for the Happiness Tag Challenge. Lulu is one of my oldest blogging friends. She’s amazing! Please visit her beautiful blog. I always appreciate her wonderful insight and inspiration. Thank you Lulu!
Five things that make me happy:
- Being with my family. I’m so excited because we leave tomorrow on a family vacation. We’re super close, and I’m very grateful for that. My parents live near us, so I see them often. I love to cook for everyone, and sit around the table eating, laughing, and sharing stories.
- The Fall. My favorite season is almost here! Cooler weather, boots, scarves, the fireplace on, football games, pumpkin lattes. Yay!
- Baking chocolate chip cookies for my husband. This is his favorite dessert, and it makes me happy to make him happy.
- Taking long walks in the mountains. It feels great to take a break from my busy life and go for a hike. I take deep breaths and can feel the stress leave my body. Being in nature reminds me to slow down.
- Writing. It’s therapeutic to put my thoughts on paper (or on the computer). I never thought I’d love blogging as much as I do. Sometimes I start a story and it ends up taking a much different turn than I intended. And that’s fun. It gives my mind a chance to wander and to record my feelings.
Five songs that make me happy:
It’s hard to pick just a few. But here are some of my favorites…
- “Good to Be Alive” by Andy Grammer
- “Halo” by Beyonce
- “Freckles” by Natasha Bedingfield
- “H.O.L.Y” by Florida Georgia Line
- “Feel This Moment” by Pitbull and Christina Aguilera
True happiness needs to be passed on! I nominate the following bloggers (whose writing often brings me much gratitude and joy) to continue the happiness tag by writing about five things that make them happy and five songs that stir happiness in their hearts.
Lori at Lori Greer in Portland
B.G. at Getting Through Anxiety
Tikeetha at A Thomas Point of View
Jen at The Anxiety Chronicles
itsgoodtobecrazysometimes at My Crazy Life
First image courtesy of here
Second image courtesy of here