Honestly, the title for this post should be “Better Late Than Never!” I’m almost embarrassed at how long it’s taken me to do this. I was nominated months ago for the Liebster Award by three lovely bloggers. I’m grateful to each one of them for nominating me. They are: Anxiety in NYC, Curious Queendom, and Raw Honesty. Please visit their amazing blogs!
It would take me way too long, and be much too overwhelming to answer each of their questions. So, I’ll take some questions from each of them and mix it up a bit! I’m also going to add more nominees than suggested.
- Thank your nominator and tag them in your post(s).
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 1000 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions and let them know on social media
1. Who do you write for? My first response is for me. But that’s not completely accurate. I write for those affected with mental health issues, in hopes of encouraging and inspiring them. If what I say resonates with people, that makes me so happy.
2. Why do you care about this particular audience? The most important thing to me is and always has been to know that I’m not alone. I’m not the only one dealing with these challenges. I used to think I was, and that was a very lonely place to be. I didn’t think anyone else could possibly feel the way I did when I had panic attacks. The symptoms are strange and scary, and hard to describe to someone who’s never had one. That’s why I kept my anxiety a secret for many years. I knew it wasn’t normal, and didn’t want to admit I had a problem. The more people who talk about anxiety and mental illness, the better. It really is time to end the stigma.
3. Your favorite way to relax? Reading a book at the beach. Or on a lounge chair in my backyard. With our lab sitting on the other lounge chair 😉
4. Any quote you try to live by? “Just Do It” by Nike.
5. Organized or messy? Organized. I have a problem focusing if everything is messy and out of place.
6. Do you follow politics? Not really, until this year’s Presidential election.
7. What is something you are looking forward to right now? Picking my daughter Talee up at the airport today, she was out of town with friends for spring break. There’s more… On Friday, I pick my sister up at the airport, and my daughter Mackenzie comes home! I’m hosting a big birthday celebration this weekend for my mom’s 80th! And Easter too.
8. What is something that always puts a smile on your face? Being with my husband. He always makes me laugh.
9. Favorite late night talk show host? Jimmy Fallon
10. Who is your biggest fan? My husband and daughters. And my parents.
11. What is one thing you struggle with when writing your blog? I always hope that other bloggers connect with what I write. But I think the main thing I struggle with is not having enough time to write and post more. I’m pulled in so many directions, with family and business obligations. I know everyone is. But boy, would I love to be able to devote a couple days a week to blogging, and nothing else!
Questions for My Nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What book are you reading now and do you recommend it?
3. What does your favorite coffee or tea mug look like?
4. Do you prefer modern or traditional art?
5. Retail shopper or online shopper?
6. If you could do something really adventurous, and knew you’d be okay, what would it be?
7. What is the kindest compliment anyone can give you?
8. Are you athletic? Favorite sport?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. How have other bloggers encouraged you?
11. Imagine a peaceful place. What does it look/feel like?