I’m super excited and honored to have recently (ok, maybe not so recently… a couple months ago) been nominated for two awards from the fabulous B.G. at Getting Through Anxiety. This is one of my favorite blogs! It’s well written and inspirational. The posts are so honest, easy to connect with, and motivational. Please check it out!
The first is the Liebster Award…
Here are the rules:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated me and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post.
My nominees: (By the way, I know the rules say they should have less than 200 followers, but I don’t know how to check that. I see it on some blogs, not on others). Anyway, here are some really great blogs. Stop by for a visit!
Swimming Without the Manual
My Made-Up Hard Life
My Pink Champagne Life
Question Time! (My answers)
1.) If you could be in any magazine, which would you want to be in? People. No just kidding, maybe Time.
2.) What do you think is the most important blog topic you’ve ever written about? Why? I think the one titled Why Did I Get All the Bad Stuff. A lot of people seemed to relate to that post. It seems like everyone wonders why they got what they got, and have to deal with it.
3.) What made you decide to write your blog about what you write it on? I wanted to share my experiences with anxiety and panic attacks, hoping to motivate others. I’ve had panic disorder since I was a child, and my daughter, now 20 years old, started getting panic attacks when she was ten. We’ve been through really tough times, but now we’re both nearly panic free. We made it, and I want to inspire others. It will get better!
4.) What grade (year) in school was your favorite and why? Either 5th grade (I met one of my best friends that year) or high school (I was a cheerleader, had a great time).
5.) What is your favorite movie and who is your favorite character in that movie? This is hard because I see a ton of movies! Maybe it’s because it’s November, but I’ve been wanting to watch one of my favorites, The Holiday. I like Kate Winslet’s character the best.
6.) Who is your favorite singer/band? I honestly don’t have a favorite. I love pop, country, rock. Josh Groban is one of my favorites. Also Carrie Underwood. There are so many more I like, I can’t narrow this down.
7.) What character in a show or movie best describes you? Hmm. Maybe Katharine McPhee’s character on the TV show Scorpion. She tries to keep the Scorpion group together by sharing her reason and logic. She keeps the group grounded, and she’s a mom too.
8.) What’s your favorite type of car? I’d like to have a BMW convertible.
9.) Who’s your favorite author? I really don’t know. I read a lot. The books I love often take place in a different country, and I like to learn about different cultures.
10.) Who is your least favorite famous person? Probably Miley Cyrus. And I get really tired of the Kardashians.
11.) What is the last CD you bought? It’s been so long, I don’t even know.
Now for my questions for you:
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Do you wear silver or gold?
- Describe your personality in terms of shoes… high heels, tennis shoes, sandals…
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is the last picture you took with your phone?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- Coffee or tea?
- Online shopping or going to the mall?
- What is your favorite food to cook?
- Why do you blog?
Here’s the second one — The Versatile Blogger Award! Again, thanks so much to B.G. at Getting Through Anxiety, for nominating me! B.G. has an awesome blog, check it out!
Here we go….
•Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to his or her blog.
•Select fifteen (15) blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered and/or follow regularly. (Choose blogs you find excellent!)
•Nominate those fifteen (15) bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, including a link to the original VBA site.
•Notify your nominations!
•Finally, don’t forget to tell the person who nominated you seven (7) things about yourself.
A Little Bit of Everything
Blessings and Vanilla Latte
We Called Him Lucky
Tales in Anxiety
My Year of Starting Over
Mind Your Wings
The Secret Diary of a Computer Science Student
From Crazy, With Love
Facts About Myself:
- I love coffee stores! I feel immediately relaxed when I walk in and smell the coffee. I’ve often thought I should work at Starbucks or Coffee Bean.
- I never buy really high heels, I’d break my ankle if I wore them!I’m more of a flats or low heeled boot kind of girl.
- I love to be organized, have everything in its place.
- I have two sisters, and we’re very close.
- I’ve known my husband since I was 14. Didn’t start dating until I was 22.
- I’m terrible at snow skiing. I love the beauty of the snow, but don’t like to ski.
- I was a ballet dancer when I was young. At that time, I dreamed of being a prima ballerina!